Generators are the essential heartbeat of construction sites, facility projects, infrastructure projects and outdoor events throughout India.
Here are five key points you should focus on when purchasing best dg sets in india :
1. Fuel tank capacity and litres/hour of usage: You should always buy a fuel efficient generator, either diesel generator or gas generator , you should also make sure that it holds a good amount of fuel. There are generators in the market that adjust their rotations per minute (RPM) based on the load demand, which makes them fuel efficient. Keep these two things in mind while buying a generator set. Therefore, it is recommended to ask two or three generator manufacturers for a forecast on fuel consumption before making an investment.
2. Your power requirement: You need to have a clear idea of your power requirement. You need to decide beforehand whether the silent generator for home will power all the appliances in the house or just the emergency appliances. Based on this you can have a correct idea of your power requirement and hence will be able to choose the ideal generator.
3. Fuel Type: The most common fuel types for generators are diesel genset, natural gas, propane. Gas generators might seem convenient at first but their short lifespan does not make them an ideal choice. Diesel prices have been going up recently and that is why diesel generator can prove to be quite costly. but diesel generator sets are most common used generator on india. Choose your diesel generator for home backup set based on fuel price and fuel availability.
4. Location and Space: Ideally, a generator set should always be located where it’s easily accessible for maintenance and repair and support. Make sure you have enough space for the generator to be installed. As per the code, a generator should not be close to anything flammable and should have proper ventilation to let the smoke out. Assess all these things carefully before buying a silent generator for home use.
5. Warranty: The standard warranty for diesel generator systems varies from company to company as well as generator to generator. Residential generator may come with a warranty of 2-5 years. An industrial diesel generator may come with 1-2 year warranty. It is ideal to understand the warranty duration and coverage to make sure that in case there is any fault in the diesel generator set early on it will be covered by the company.
Consider all the foregoing factors that affect the choice of appropriate sizing. If in doubt, apply a simple rule for estimating motor starting: 1 kW of generator set rating per ¾ to 1 hp specified on the motor nameplate.
Always stay on the conservative side and remember that diesel generators are built to work hard and the more accurate the sizing is to the application, the greater results.
For users, contractors and event companies who have always rented the same size generator, now is the time to seek expert advice about the latest developments that are designed to help to match outputs to applications.